There are a number of bug fixes in this release, two of which I reported to Microsoft:
- The ability to copy workflow steps was announced as a Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 feature of the day; however, once GP 2018 was released I found there was a bug in the copy where the conditions were linked and couldn’t be changed without changing the original step.
- The additional fields added to workflow in Dynamics GP 2018 were meant to be included in the Vendor Change workflow as sensitive fields, but the testing I did showed this wasn’t the case so I logged it with Microsoft.
Both of these fixes have been reported as fixed, so I will be giving this a test over the next few days, as I have a few clients waiting for these fixes.
Everyone will have their own notable fixes, but below is the list of items which I think will have relvance to my clients:
- You may notice the Cash Receipts Inquiry Zoom window is cut off in certain areas, missing fields, after you upgrade to Dynamics GP 2018.
- If a user’s workstations regional settings are set to the date format of DDMMYYY, transaction entry screens in web client does not reflect this date format. The main date in the top right corner does, but transaction entry screens do not. They show as MMDDYYY.
- The VAT report was not including transactions that originated from General Ledger.
- The VAT Report does not mark off transactions in the TX30000 table when regional settings are DATE/TIME format set to English-UK.
- PM Payables Transaction Workflow A get/change operation on table ‘PM_Transcation_WORK’ failed.
For the full list of fixes, see the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog blog for full details and download links for supported versions of Dynamics GP (2015, 2016 and 2018).
Download links for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 are below: