This post is part of the Hands On with Microsoft Dynamics GP Fall 2021 Release series where I am going to go hands on with installing the Microsoft Dynamics GP Fall 2021 Release and associated products.
Before we start on the installation of the web client components themselves, we need to sort out the prerequisites. These prerequisites are all in the Windows feature Internet Information Services (IIS). As the installation and configuration of these is the same as 2018 RTM, I am linking back to the three relevant posts I have previously written:
- Install Internet Information Services and other required Windows roles and features.
- Create Self Signed SSL Certificate for demo/test system; on a production system, I’d recommend the use of a full certificate.
- Bind SSL Certificate to IIS Web Site.
In addition you need to create and assign two domain groups which are used for giving users access to the web client and its web management console:
- Web Client Users group which should be assigned to the users who will log into the web client.
- Web Client Administrators group which should be assigned to the users who administer the web client.