I have a new book available now called Jet Reports with Microsoft Dynamics GP; this book is aimed at end-users or consultants looking to use Jet Reports with Microsoft Dynamics GP for financial and/or operational reporting.
The book covers the basics of installing and configuring Jet Reports as well as how to design and build reports using the Excel Add-in, before moving on to step-by-step guides on creating six different types of report and closing with a look at the report building tools and Jet Hub.
The book is available as an eBook direct from my azurecurve Publishing site or from Amazon (for $5 more):
The book is structured into these chapters:
- Chapter 1, Introduction to Jet Reports, introduces Jet Reports and explains what type of reporting for which it can be used.
- Chapter 2, Implementing Jet Reports, covers the installation of Jet Reports including the Jet Service Tier and Jet Hub.
- Chapter 3, Configuring Jet Reports, shows how to configure Jet Reports once it has been installed.
- Chapter 4, Introducing the Excel Add-in, introduces the Excel Add-in and the features available.
- Chapter 5, Report Structure, shows how reports can be structured to make maintaining them easier.
- Chapter 6, Using the functions in the Excel Add-in, shows how each of the four Jet Functions can be used.
- Chapter 7, Creating and using an Options page, covers the creation and use of an options page in reports.
- Chapter 8, Create a Summary Trial Balance, steps through the creation of a Summary Trial Balance report.
- Chapter 9, Create a Detailed Trial Balance, shows how to make the Summary TB from the previous chapter into a Detailed report.
- Chapter 10, Create a Balance Sheet, covers the creation of a formatted Balance Sheet.
- Chapter 11, Create an Income Statement, covers the creation of an Income Statement and how to make it an intercompany/consolidated version.
- Chapter 12, Create a Summary Payables Aged Trial Balance, shows how to create a Summary Payables Trial Balance report.
- Chapter 13, Create a Purchase Order by Vendor Report, covers the creation of an operational report on purchase orders.
- Chapter 14, Report Creation Tools, introduces the tools which can be used to make creating reports easier.
- Chapter 15, Using Jet Hub, shows how users can access Jet Reports via web access and without a local install of Jet Reports.
If you buy the ebook from me directly, the coupon code JetWithGPLaunch will get you 20% off the price of this book (offer available until the end of July 2020).