Enhanced Notes provides the ability to categorise and subcategorise notes. The setup of the categories is performed through the Enhanced Notes Setup window ( ) by entering the categories in the scrolling window:
Earlier today I published a post on individual notes and am accompanying it with this video version of that post.
You can watch the GP Elementz – Enhanced Notes – Individual Notes video:
The key feature of Enhanced Notes is the ability to create multiple individual notes. This allows easy and clear visibility of notes entered against a transaction, card or window.
The example below shows several notes which have been entered against a sales invoice; using the standard notes functionality of Microsoft Dynamics GP, these notes would be one monolithic entry in the yellow notes field, but with Enhanced Notes they are stored separately, each with a date and time stamp:
Earlier today I published a Introduction to Enhanced Notes and am accompanying it with this video version of that post.
You can watch the GP Elementz – Enhanced Notes – Introduction to Enhanced Notes video on YouTube:
Enhanced Notes extends the standard Microsoft Dynamics GP notes functionality by allowing multiple separate notes to be recorded against records or windows. The main functionality of Enhanced Notes is:
- Enhanced Notes are available on transaction, record and window notes.
- Multiple notes can be created for each transaction, record or window note (stamped with user, time and date.
- Each note can be emailed to multiple recipients and/or groups.
- Tasks can be associated with a note, assigned to another Dynamics user or User role and given a due date.
- Retains all features of current notes including Document Attachment (and for older versions the OLE container).
- Existing notes entered before Enhanced Notes was installed are retained.
- Notes can be categorised and sub-categorised for selective viewing.
- Any individual note is not editable (unless enabled by an administrator); changes are entered as a separate note, thus retaining an accurate history.
- A users ability to delete notes is individually enabled.
- A full print of the notes is available.
- Can be selectively enabled for individual companies.
- Notes attached to Quotes are automatically attached to Orders when the Transfer to Order function is used.
Over the course of this series, the index, below, will automatically update with the new posts as they go live (unless you’re reading a syndicated version of this post in which case check back here).
This post is part of the GP Elementz from ISC Software series.
There are a number of add-ins available from ISC Software for Microsoft Dynamics GP which have been written in Dexterity, which have the look and feel of standard windows. These add-ins are sold under the GP Elementz label.
There are five main Elementz products listed on the GP Elementz website:
- Enhanced Notes – Extends and secures standard notes by allowing multiple separate notes to be recorded against records. Includes user alerts, categorization and audit functionality.
- Financial Elementz – A collection of windows and reports that enhance standard financial Dynamics GP function.
- Distribution Elementz – A collection of windows & reports that extend Dynamics GP SOP, POP and inventory functions.
- Security Informer – Provides on-screen messages stating details of which window or report access is denied.
- Invoice Transformer – Consolidate or ‘mirror’ SOP invoices. Transfer item lines between SOP invoices.
I’m also going to take a look at one of the other GP Elementz products which is available and that is PO Management. This add-in provides an alternative to the standard SOP-POP Link which allows for partial invoicing of committed sales orders.
Earlier today I published a Free Trial post, but I am experimenting with making video alternatives to the standard blog posts.
You can watch the GP Elementz – SalesHQ – Free Trial video:
There is a 28 day free trial available for SalesHQ which allows you to try it with no cost and no obligation to buy and connected to a system of your choice. The 28 day free trial can be quickly installed and connected to the system of you choice; if you have a standalone test system, it can be connected to this for you to do do testing of all scenarios and then when you purchase it will be connected with your live system.
Alternatively, you might choose to connect it to your live system straight away so you can give key members of your sales team or key customers access to SalesHQ against live data so they can operate using their normal daily processes.
If you’d like to speak to someone about SalesHQ or to organise a free trial, please use the contact form below or give ISC a call on either +44 (0)1480 802280 or +353 (0)1 514 3686:
Earlier today I published a create invoice post, but I am experimenting with making video alternatives to the standard blog posts.
You can watch the GP Elementz – SalesHQ – Create Invoice video: