The client has a few modified reports on the system which needed to be brought across to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. These reports were exported from Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance);
We heard back from the Development Team in Fargo, who David Musgrave contacted regarding the issue we encountered with the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library.
They recommend that packages should be moved around using the Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance) to Import/Export the modified reports. Rather than doing this, which runs the potential risk of leaving client machines with an outdated REPORTS.dic we have been pointing the clients at a centralised REPORTS.dic on a server and copying only the Dynamics.vba to each client (we change the reports more often than the VBA).
Using Customisation Maintenance to Import the package file to each client would have prevented the problem as it would use the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library reference on the local machine. Doing it the way we do, by copying the VBA, transfers the reference within the VBA file.
This is an issue for internal discussion and we perhaps need to change the process we use for dictionary files.
I implemented the VBA workaround for cheque remittances on a test system for another client site, to make sure they don’t see the undefined symbol error, the other day after I upgraded Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 to GP 2010 and tested the remittance to ensure it worked. amend VBA on Server 2008 R2 SP1
When the client came to test the remittance themselves on the test Citrix Server they got a type mismatch error;
Following on from yesterdays post about the Undefined Symbol error, where I discovered that Microsoft have removed the link from the check remittance tables to PM Creditor Master, I thought it might be useful to post the VBA workaround used to get the creditor address.
The first step was to create five Calculated Fields on the Check Remittance report; for simplicity I named them CreditorAddress1 through CreditorAddress5. No separate field for Post (Zip) Code was created as addresses can be of all different lengths and I like to output tidy addresses where I can.
Once the fields were created and added to the report, in the Remittance Header section, they were selected and made available to Visual Basic. Continue reading “Check Remittance Vendor Address VBA Workaround”