I've been keeping my out for any news of the next version of Microsoft Dynamics GP but haven't seen anything on the official blogs (if I've missed it, I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the direction), but there have been some recent articles from other partners listing some of the upcoming new functionality.
Since the introduction of the modern lifecycle the official name will remain Microsoft Dynamics GP and the technical name being Microsoft Dynamics GP 18.3, I will be referring to it as the Microsoft Dynamics GP October 2020 Release from here on.
I don't know if this is the complete list of new functionality for the Microsoft Dynamics GP October 2020 Release, but the new features listed by Aisling are:
- Ability to disable the system print dialog box when printing a Word Template
- Maximizing GP reports on "print to screen" rather than needing to resize the window
- A New User Defined Field is available in GL Transaction Entry
- Limiting Excel Copy/Paste decimal places to what is in Currency Setup
- Reconcile all years in the General Ledger Reconcile utility, instead of one year at a time
- Copy/Paste transactions in Payables transactions (as per GL transaction Entry)
- Two new user-defined fields on Payables Transaction Entry (adding to the long description on Payables Transactions added in the October 2019 Release)
- Added the DBA Name Field on the Vendor Card and 1099 form updates
- The 1099-NEC form! For payables Non-Employee Compensation reporting requirements starting at the end of this year, Microsoft will include the new 1099-NEC form
- Ability to mask the Social Security Number on HR reports
Included in this fix, as always, will be a number of bug fixes.
Keep an eye on the Product Lifecycle page to make sure you remain on a supporte dversions of Microsoft Dynamics GP; GP 2010 will be out of extended support as of October 2020, so any site still using this versions should be looking to upgrade as soon as possible.