The reason for this is actually quite simple, but I can’t help but feel it is a little bug like. Only payments made directly via Transaction Entry or those produced during the payment run (Continue reading “Missing Transaction In Cashbook Bank Management?”) are posted to Bank Management. If you need to do a manual payment into Payables, or a manual receipt into Receivables, then this needs to be done via CBM Batch Entry ( )
We heard back from the Development Team in Fargo, who David Musgrave contacted regarding the issue we encountered with the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library.
They recommend that packages should be moved around using the Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance) to Import/Export the modified reports. Rather than doing this, which runs the potential risk of leaving client machines with an outdated REPORTS.dic we have been pointing the clients at a centralised REPORTS.dic on a server and copying only the Dynamics.vba to each client (we change the reports more often than the VBA).
Using Customisation Maintenance to Import the package file to each client would have prevented the problem as it would use the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library reference on the local machine. Doing it the way we do, by copying the VBA, transfers the reference within the VBA file.
This is an issue for internal discussion and we perhaps need to change the process we use for dictionary files.
I implemented the VBA workaround for cheque remittances on a test system for another client site, to make sure they don’t see the undefined symbol error, the other day after I upgraded Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 to GP 2010 and tested the remittance to ensure it worked. amend VBA on Server 2008 R2 SP1
When the client came to test the remittance themselves on the test Citrix Server they got a type mismatch error;
A few days ago I posted about testing email remittances and supplied a SQL script for use on the test system to ensure emails remained internal and didn’t get sent to creditors.
I’ve also written a script which will transfer the email address from the current Internet Information column (with the assumption that the email address is in INET1) across to the new EmailToAddress column and then blank out the INET1 column so data is not being held, and therefore maintained, in two fields. Continue reading “Going Live With Remittances By Email – Transferring Email Addresses”
One of the things I have done for them is produce two SQL scripts to ensure emails do not leave their organisation and reach suppliers telling them of payments being made in the test system. Continue reading “Testing Remittances By Email – Keeping Emails Internal”
I upgraded a customer to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 a couple of weeks ago and they have started to explore some of the new features. After fixing their payment run problem they enabled the new functionality for emailing remittances. Continue reading “Not Privileged To Run this Report Error in Payables Select Checks”
In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, several enhancements have been made to the Select Cheques window in Payables Management to add flexibility and allow more control over the building of the payment batch; a feature which has proven popular with the clients who have seen it. Continue reading “Feature Explained: Payables Select Checks Enhancements”
A recent customer who upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 wanted to enable the email functionality to allow them to email creditor remittances out rather than having to print them out and sending a hard copy.
As our support account did not have an associated Exchange email account on their system I was getting errors when loading the forms used in this new functionality. So rather than risk problems due to these errors, I put together a quick document for their IT department to enable it themselves. I thought it might also be useful to create an internet version to refer other customers to if they want documentation. Continue reading “Feature Explained: How To Configure The Document Email Functionality”
Following on from yesterdays post about the Undefined Symbol error, where I discovered that Microsoft have removed the link from the check remittance tables to PM Creditor Master, I thought it might be useful to post the VBA workaround used to get the creditor address.
The first step was to create five Calculated Fields on the Check Remittance report; for simplicity I named them CreditorAddress1 through CreditorAddress5. No separate field for Post (Zip) Code was created as addresses can be of all different lengths and I like to output tidy addresses where I can.
Once the fields were created and added to the report, in the Remittance Header section, they were selected and made available to Visual Basic. Continue reading “Check Remittance Vendor Address VBA Workaround”