This post is part of the series I am doing on the Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017
The Document Attachment module has been extended into the action pane in quite a few new windows:
- Document Attachment on Receivables Transaction Entry
- Document Attachment on General Ledger Entry
- Document Attachment on Employee Inquiry
- Document Attachment in I-9 Form
- Display Vendor notes on Vendor Inquiry
- Display Customer notes on Customer Inquiry
- Display Project Notes in Project Inquiry and PA Project Inquiry
- Document Attachment in Asset General Information
- Option to attach new documents in Inquiry windows – there is a setting in the Document Attachment Setup winodw to enable this (and to require a password to be entered).
With the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2
it’s time for a series of “hands on” posts where I go through the installation of all of it’s components and also look at the new functionality introduced; the index for this series can be found here
The third feature I’m going to take a look at is the Cancel Purchase Orders Linked To A Requisition. For those doubting why this feature was needed, in previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP, when yuo tried to cancel a quantity on a purchase order you would receive a message if the remaining quantity didn’t cover the requisition quantity:
Continue reading “Hands On With Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2: Cancel A Purchase Order Linked To A Purchase Requisition”
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 will soon be released (due late May/early June and, as with previous releases, Microsoft have started a Feature of the Day series on the Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP Team blog
. As I have done with the last three series, I’ll be reposting these blog posts here with a little commentary.
The ninth Feature of the Day is Combined General Ledger Inquiry.
In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 in General Ledger, the inquiry windows have been consolidated. Now, you can view open and historical information in the same window for Summary Inquiry, Detail Inquiry and for Account Summary.
Any GoTos or drill backs will now go to the single window instead of the user picking open or history.
This particular feature is well overdue. It always feels a little embarrassing when doing user training for a new client and having to show them separate enquiry windows for open and history years.