Here’s a summary of the new Management Reporter CU15 features:
Improved responsiveness in the Web Viewer.
A search bar has been added to search through the current level of the report as in-browser search functions may not always return all results because of the performance changes to improve responsiveness.
Printing in the Web Viewer through XPS download.
PowerShell module to enable reset of data mart.
Added a Turkish (tr-tr) localization.
Additional fixes for product defects.
The Dynamics Financial Reporting for Microsoft Dynamics GP team will be blogging about the new features in detail soon.
There are a few new prerequisites which are required for this cumulative update:
SQL Server 2012 or higher.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is also required (when installed this may require a reboot).
We are currently in the process of upgrading a large 20 site client from Microsoft Dynamics GP 9 to a later version (unfortunately not 2015 due to third party add-ons which are not supported on this version). The client previously had standalone implementations at each site, but we are aggregating them into one implementation for ease of maintenance and also to reduce licensing costs.
The first few we centralised went fine, but we then ran into problems when we did the head office companies. When they ran the GL Summary TB on the old and new systems there was a mismatch between them.
After investigating, the support team established that the problem was down to some corruption in the Account Index Master table (GL00105) where some of the accounts had segments separated with dots instead of dashes as defined in Account Format Setup (Administration area page » Setup » Company » Account Format).
The solution they followed was fairly simple, and in three steps:
Run a script to clear the Account Index Master table:
DELETE FROM GL00105
Run Check Links (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Maintenance » Check Links) on Account Master.
Run the General Ledger Reconcile utility (Financials area page » Utilities » Reconcile) on all years starting with the oldest and working forward.
After this was done, the report produced from the upgraded system matched the old one.
The thirty third Feature of the Day is Management Reporter Data Integration. In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, the user can determine the data that is available to the Microsoft Dynamics Management Reporter DataMart, improving the performance and giving the user control over the data selected.
The user can choose per company (including sample company) if they want the General Ledger data available for reporting.
The user also has the ability to include or exclude Analytical Accounting data for each company:
I am slightly puzzled by this feature of the day as you can simply not import a company into Management Reporter if you don’t want to report on it. While I steer clients away from AA where possible, I am not entirely opposed to it, but I do wonder who would want to report on AA without also wanting to be able to report on the GL.
The twenty fifth Feature of the Day is Management Reporter Integration Setup. This feature created a new navigation list for accessing Management Reporter reports from within the Financial and Administration Navigation buttons.
The Management Reporter navigation list becomes enabled once the location of the Management Reporter service is defined in the Reporting Tools Setup window:
The location of the Report Designer Application is an optional field and when defined, will enable users to launch the designer from the Management Reporter navigation list if they have permissions to application.
The navigation list displays a list of reports the current user has security access to and enables them to view the reports in the Management Reporter Viewer with just a click of a button.
This is an issue I came across a few months ago and misplaced my screenshots. Having just stumbled across them on my test Hyper-V server I decided it is still worth posting about.
I was doing some testing on a system with multiple companies created and was looking at a report consolidating figures from all of them into one report. When the report was generated it failed and gave the error message below for several of the companies in the Report Queue Status window:
Period 13 for fiscal year 2013 is not valid for company <company name>. No data will be returned for this company.
I checked the Fiscal Period Setup in Microsoft Dynamics GP for all reported companies and all of them had the same period 13 defined. Management Reporter, as well as reporting errors in the Report Queue Status window, logs errors in the Windows Event Viewer.
The reports are configured to run for periods around the current system date, which means dates in 2013. But the Fabrikam sample company is in 2017 so the reports return no data. With Management Reporter storing its reports and configuration information on a SQL Server database, it is possible to tweak the reports to run for 2017.
I checked each of the reports to see how what Base period they were using and then worked out what I needed to update to set the reports to run for similar periods in 2017.