The Dynamics Financial Reporting blog today announced the release of Management reporter 2012 CU8.
Full details can be found at the link above, but here’s a quick summary of some of the new features:
- Dynamic calculated column headers…no more hard coding of Months within the column definition
- Currency translation for Dynamics GP 2013 using DDM Data Mart provider
- Ability to create a side by side balance sheet by using a section break option in row definition
- Option to include line numbers on generated reports
- Ability to set all columns in definition to Autofit by default
- Collection of Excel formatting improvements
Management Reporter 2012 CU8 can be downloaded from here for the US and all other countries here (CustomerSource or ParnerSource login required).
A client reported an issue the other day with figures being incorrect in Management Reporter when compared to the equivalent report in FRx and also to the figures in Microsoft Dynamics GP (which matched FRx).
I think the original cause of this problem is that when the calendar for the current year was created, there was a gap accidentally left between the end of last year and the start of the current one. This was fixed and a reconciliation run in GP, but this did not allow the data to be trickled out into the Management Reporter Data Mart.
In an attempt to resolve the issue, I removed and re-added the Data Mart (deleting the DDM database between removing and re-adding) using the Management Reporter Configuration Console, waited for the initial extract and ended up with figures that were even more different to FRx; a slightly worrying moment I have to admit.
I checked the version and discovered the client was running Management Reporter 2012 RU4 which is known to have an issue populating the DDM database during the initial data extract. Fortunately, Microsoft Support KB 2831693 details how transactions posted from the open years in Dynamics GP are not included during the initial data load and links to the hotfix for RU4 which resolves this problem.
I again removed the Data Mart, deleted the database, installed the hotfix and added the Data Mart back and, after the initial data load completed, all of the data needed to make the report match both GP and FRx was present.