I needed a demo environment and so installed the most recent version. I’ve been getting an error since that time whenever I switched back from Report Writer to GP itself;
The standard splash screen displayed by Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010;
The client has a few modified reports on the system which needed to be brought across to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010. These reports were exported from Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance);
We heard back from the Development Team in Fargo, who David Musgrave contacted regarding the issue we encountered with the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library.
They recommend that packages should be moved around using the Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance) to Import/Export the modified reports. Rather than doing this, which runs the potential risk of leaving client machines with an outdated REPORTS.dic we have been pointing the clients at a centralised REPORTS.dic on a server and copying only the Dynamics.vba to each client (we change the reports more often than the VBA).
Using Customisation Maintenance to Import the package file to each client would have prevented the problem as it would use the Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.7 Library reference on the local machine. Doing it the way we do, by copying the VBA, transfers the reference within the VBA file.
This is an issue for internal discussion and we perhaps need to change the process we use for dictionary files.
I implemented the VBA workaround for cheque remittances on a test system for another client site, to make sure they don’t see the undefined symbol error, the other day after I upgraded Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 to GP 2010 and tested the remittance to ensure it worked. amend VBA on Server 2008 R2 SP1
When the client came to test the remittance themselves on the test Citrix Server they got a type mismatch error;
Following on from yesterdays post about the Undefined Symbol error, where I discovered that Microsoft have removed the link from the check remittance tables to PM Creditor Master, I thought it might be useful to post the VBA workaround used to get the creditor address.
The first step was to create five Calculated Fields on the Check Remittance report; for simplicity I named them CreditorAddress1 through CreditorAddress5. No separate field for Post (Zip) Code was created as addresses can be of all different lengths and I like to output tidy addresses where I can.
Once the fields were created and added to the report, in the Remittance Header section, they were selected and made available to Visual Basic. Continue reading “Check Remittance Vendor Address VBA Workaround”
One of my biggest problems with the SmartList in Microsoft Dynamics GP is the size of the two panes. The left hand pane resizes itself when you change the size of SmartList; when maximised it ends up being two fifths of the screen size which seriously cuts down the space for viewing the report.
But, now, help is at hand. Frank Hamelly, a Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP, on GP2themax has posted a modified SmartList window, from Nicole Albertson of Microsoft, which resizes the left pane.
The modified window is loaded in via Customisation Maintenance (Microsoft Dynamics menu » Tools » Customise » Customisation Maintenance) from a .package file and works by keeping the left pane a set size which maximises the pane showing the report data.
Hopefully, the next version of Microsoft Dynamics GP will come with a built in solution to this.