I was reviewing a specification for some development in Microsoft Dynamics GP yesterday and encountered an oddity on one of the supplied screenshots. I was going to add it to the issues list and pass it back to the developer but decided to check the window in GP so I could outline the exact requirements.
It was then that I found the screenshot actually looked exactly like the window.
One annoyance in it is the warning message that is displayed when logging into Fabrikam;
You’ve probably noticed in the past that I sometimes use this blog as a repository for information I want to keep available to myself (unfortunately, my memory is not sufficient).
This post, I’m afraid, is for this very purpose and will likely only be useful to myself and the 1% of people in the world who use the Opera web browser.
Whenever I set up a new machine I load Opera and then spend an age transferring bookmarks across by exporting and importing them and setting up the SpeedDial. There is an easier way, however, and that is to simply copy speeddial.ini and bookmarks.adr fromon one machine to the other.
I’ve reported this to my hosting provider and hopefully it will be fixed soon.
If you’ve tried contacting me recently, please email blog[at]azurecurve.co.uk and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
If you’ve tried registering with the site, get in touch and let me know the user name you joined with and I’ll see about getting your account enabled.
Earlier this week I posted about a bug in Integration Manager where it added extra zeros into the phone and fax number fields when importing creditors. Well, the same bug also affects debtors but a similar script to update debtors via a CSV is also possible.
I was doing some work for a client recently where we were loading lists of new creditors into Microsoft Dynamics GP from CSV files via Integration Manager. There is, however, a bug in IM 10 where it adds extra zeros to the phone and fax number fields of both creditors and debtors. These extra characters are, rather bizarrely, not always at the end but can be interspersed in the phone number.
The easiest work around was to put together a SQL script for loading the phone and fax numbers from CSV file which I did while on site which updated only a single address on the PM Creditor Master (PM00200) and PM Address Master (PM00300) tables.
Well, after approximately thirty six hours of downtime azurecurve is back up and running. Speed currently seems to be up and down but I’m hoping this is just index rebuilds or similar slowing things down.
If you encounter any problems when using the site, please send an email to webmaster[at]azurecurve.co.uk so I can investigate. Thanks.