Earlier this week I posted about a bug in Integration Manager where it added extra zeros into the phone and fax number fields when importing creditors. Well, the same bug also affects debtors but a similar script to update debtors via a CSV is also possible.
I was doing some work for a client recently where we were loading lists of new creditors into Microsoft Dynamics GP from CSV files via Integration Manager. There is, however, a bug in IM 10 where it adds extra zeros to the phone and fax number fields of both creditors and debtors. These extra characters are, rather bizarrely, not always at the end but can be interspersed in the phone number.
The easiest work around was to put together a SQL script for loading the phone and fax numbers from CSV file which I did while on site which updated only a single address on the PM Creditor Master (PM00200) and PM Address Master (PM00300) tables.
After a slight mid-week diversion, here is another script I produced a while ago which updates the Item’s Default Purchasing Unit of Measure. It was produced when a client wanted to bulk update a large number of records which would have taken a long time manually but by script only minutes to write and run.
This is a script I’ve had a few months now and, like the one I posted yesterday, thought it might be useful to others.
This script was created for a client who changed some of their account codes on some Item Classes and had rolled them down to the Items themselves but there were many Sales Transactions already on the system which had the old code on and needed to be updated to the new one.
This script was produced for a client who wanted to bulk update the accounts defined against selected Inventory Items in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2. This particular client did not have Integration Manager so I needed an alternative approach to doing the update.
I could have used a GP Macro to do the job (doing one while recording the macro to create a template to be populated from a CSV using Mail Merge) but it was easier to create a SQL script to do the job directly from the CSV (this is the same view I took for updating the Account Segment Master).
Earlier this week I did a post on how to configure SQL Server Reporting Services for use with Microsoft Dynamics GP. This is the follow up post where I’m going to explain how to deploy the SSRS reports for GP.
To deploy the reports you need to open the Reporting Tools Setup window (Continue reading “How To Deploy SSRS Reports In Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2”)
The post following this will cover deploying SSRS reports within Microsoft Dynamics GP but I thought I’d cover configuring SSRS as a spearate post rather than assuming everyone has it already configured. A number of the clients I deal with have had GP for a while and never installed the SSRS reports but are now doing so.
When you install SQL Server Reporting Services at the same time as SQL Server you have the option to automatically configure SSRS with the default settings. In the case of someone who has SQL already installed but didn’t install SSRS at the same time, this is not an option.
This How To starts after SSRS has been added to the installation on the client machine at the point where you would start to configure it; if you’d like a walk through adding SSRS to an existing installation of SQL Server, let me know and I’ll sort one out.
To do the initial configuration of SSRS, or to change the configuration of an existing installation, you need to start the Reporting Services Configuration Manager (Continue reading “How To Configure SQL Server Reporting Services In Order To Deploy Reporting Services Reports In GP”)
If you’re installing Microsoft Dynamics GP into a thin client environment then installing the clients isn’t that onerous a task, but if you’re installing GP into a thick client (or into a large thin client) environment then it can be a task that takes quite a while especially when the client has numerous features which need to be selected on each client.
Microsoft Dynamics GP includes an aid for this circumstance; the ability to create an installation package which allows you to easily and quickly install GP onto clients with exactly the same configuration each time.
The installation package is created from the Microsoft Dynamics GP setup;
Well, I return to fixing the Management Reporter sample reports with an, unexpected, part 2. Last week I installed the sample reports into Management Reporter and then found a problem with the sample reports where the Segment didn’t link correctly to the segments in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
The same issue exists with the Reporting Trees in the sample reports with the Dimensions column;