This post is part of the GP Elementz from ISC Software series.
There are a number of add-ins available from ISC Software for Microsoft Dynamics GP which have been written in Dexterity, which have the look and feel of standard windows. These add-ins are sold under the GP Elementz label.
There are five main Elementz products listed on the GP Elementz website:
- Enhanced Notes – Extends and secures standard notes by allowing multiple separate notes to be recorded against records. Includes user alerts, categorization and audit functionality.
- Financial Elementz – A collection of windows and reports that enhance standard financial Dynamics GP function.
- Distribution Elementz – A collection of windows & reports that extend Dynamics GP SOP, POP and inventory functions.
- Security Informer – Provides on-screen messages stating details of which window or report access is denied.
- Invoice Transformer – Consolidate or ‘mirror’ SOP invoices. Transfer item lines between SOP invoices.
I’m also going to take a look at one of the other GP Elementz products which is available and that is PO Management. This add-in provides an alternative to the standard SOP-POP Link which allows for partial invoicing of committed sales orders.
Enhanced Notes extends and secures standard notes by allowing multiple separate notes to be recorded against records. Includes user alerts, categorization and audit functionality. The main functionality of Enhanced Notes:
- Enhanced Notes are available on transaction, record and window notes.
- Multiple notes can be created for each transaction, record or window note (stamped with user, time and date.
- Each note can be emailed to multiple recipients and/or groups.
- Tasks can be associated with a note, assigned to another Dynamics user or User role and given a due date.
- Retains all features of current notes including Document Attachment (and for older versions the OLE container).
- Existing notes entered before Enhanced Notes was installed are retained.
- Notes can be categorised and sub-categorised for selective viewing.
- Any individual note is not editable (unless enabled by an administrator); changes are entered as a separate note, thus retaining an accurate history.
- A users ability to delete notes is individually enabled.
- A full print of the notes is available.
- Can be selectively enabled for individual companies.
- Notes attached to Quotes are automatically attached to Orders when the Transfer to Order function is used.
Financial Elementz is a set tools that can significantly improve productivity with easy to use windows and reports. Designed and created by ISCs Microsoft Dynamics GP consultants and developers to improve the daily tasks of a typical finance team, Financial Elementz provides real benefit from the outset. Some of the included windows are:
- General Ledger
- General Ledger Accounts Import
- General Journal Import
- GL Detail View
- GL History Detail View
- GL Batch View
- Payables Management
- Payables Invoices Import
- Manual Payments Import
- Payables Transaction Analysis
- Payables Batch View
- Payables Aged Trial Balance
- Receivables Management
- Receivables Invoices Import
- Customer View
- Customer Credit Check
- Receivables Transaction Analysis
- Receivables Batch View
- Receivables Aged Trial Balance
A collection of windows & reports that extend Dynamics GP SOP, POP and inventory functions.
- Inventory Control
- Inventory Transfer
- Inventory Item View
- Inventory Quantity View
- Unsold Items
- Bill of Material Costing View
- BOM Available To Build
- Inventory Batch View
- Inventory Valuation View Range
- Inventory Valuation View
- Slow Moving Items
- Item Movement
- Inventory Balance Report
- Aged Inventory Report
- Purchase Order Processing
- POP Batch View
- Sales Order Processing
- Order View
- SOP Analysis View
- SOP Batch View
Security Informer aids visibility of user security and permissions within Dynamics GP and includes four main functions:
- Identify missing security
- Segregation of Duties
- Safely auto-logout users after idle timeout
- Change the colour of windows in each company
Invoice Transformer provides flexible control over individual item lines on Sales Order Processing invoices only, and enables invoice lines to be transferred and re-assigned to belong to different invoices:
- Combine item lines of same product from many invoices onto a single invoice
- Create “Mirror” negative value lines when needing to invoice under a Service line scenario
- Audit trail and zoom to originating sales orders is maintained
- Separate enquiry window to view and zoom on all lines relating to an invoice – with detail on original source invoices that lines were transferred from
- Entire invoice lines must be transferred – partial quantities NOT permitted
- Standard Dynamics GP business logic is followed – such as maintaining Site and Ship To Address integrity
There are a number of other add-ins available, but which are not listed on the website. One of the them is PO Management. This is an alternative to the standard SOP-POP Link which allows for partial invoicing of committed sales orders.
- Create Purchase Order
- Amend Sales Order Commitments
- Sales Order Enquiry
- POP Enquiry