The plugin I am going to cover in this post, is a brand new one written for ClassicPress; Get Github File.
Gets the content of a file from a GitHub repository and outputs using a shortcode.
Settings allow default options, such as author, folder, filename to be specified. Additional options to allow the removal or conversion of WordPress headers in readme.txt files.
Available shortcode parameters:
- account – account on GitHub
- branch – branch to get file from
- folder – folder containing the file
- file – file to get from GitHub repository
- repository – name of GitHub repository
- startfrom – text in file to start outputting from (e.g. # Description)
- htmlastext – 1 to output HTMl as text and 0 to output as HTML
- shortcodesastext – 1 to output shortcodes as text and 0 to output as shortcode
- wordpresstitles – remove/ignore/convert
All parameters except repository can be defined as defaults in settings.
Output is in markdown, but use of a plugin such as Markdown by azurecurve can convert this markdown to HTML markup.
The plugin can be downloaded via my Development site.