It’s been quite a while since I did much with the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client; not by choice, but as a consultant my time is driven by the clients requirements. We recently upgraded a client to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 R2 and implemented the web client. When we launched the web client we found that none of the images were loading and we were unable to properly log in:
Looking in the Windows Event Log, there were a few errors
The problem was caused by an installation omission, but has an easy solution. The problem is caused by the Static Content element not being installed in the Web Server (IIS) role:
Add the missing element via Add Roles and Features Wizard and the web client is fully functional.