This post is part of the series on building my new Raspberry Pi; this series is a sub-series of the Adventures with a Raspberry Pi.
I have no prior experience dealing with the Raspberry PI, so I went the easy route and bought a starter kit from Amazon:
This starter kit includes everything necessary for a working Raspberry PI and includes the most recent version of the Raspberry Pi itself. It includes the following:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (B Plus) with 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU (BCM2837B0)
- 1 GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- On-board WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- 32 GB Samsung EVO+ Micro SD Card (Class 10) pre-loaded with NOOBS
- USB MicroSD Card Reader
- CanaKit 2.5A Micro USB Power Supply (UK) with Noise Filter
- Premium Raspberry Pi 3 Case
- High Quality HDMI Cable with CEC support (6-foot cable)
- Set of 2 Aluminum Heat Sinks
- GPIO Quick Reference Card
- CanaKit Full Colour Quick-Start Guide
in the next post, I'll be assembling the Raspberry Pi.
This post is part of a series on Implementing SalesHQ Portal, which is one of the GP Elementz Portals from my new employer, ISC Software Solutions.
With SalesHQ configured, it is now available to use. However, the first thing we need t do is grant access to salespeople so that they are able to log in.
From experience, very few clients actually use salespeople in Microsoft Dynamics GP the way it was intended. So rather than enforcing the use of them, the SalesHQ functionality has been hooked onto the Salesperson Maintenance window ( )Sales » Cards » Salesperson) without requiring the salesperson to be assigned to customers.
There are two pieces of setup required against the Salesperson record:
- Assign the login details for the salespeople who can log in against this Salesperson record; multiple logins against a single salesperson is supported.
- Assign customers to a Salesperson record.
To add the users who can login, open the Salesperson Maintenance window and open a salesperson record. Click the AdditionalManage Salesperson Accounts:
Continue reading "Implementing SalesHQ Portal: Salesperson Setup"