This post is part of the Hands On With the GP Power Tools (GPPT) - Administrator Tools series in which I am taking a hands on look at the various tools offered by GPPT.
The Administrator Tools are one of the three modules of GPPT which need to be purchased to be used. As a consultant, this is the module which is probably of most use to me and my clients.
The key features of the Administrator Tools are:
- Avoid data entry errors; company based colour schemes provide an immediate visual cue to which company is being used.
- Gain full administrative and audit control of your security system, including Deny-Based Security.
- Roll out Dex.ini setting changes to all workstations.
- Simplify troubleshooting by disabling third party products and customizations (including Visual Studio Addins and VBA).
- Users can customize window positions and sizes based on the how they use the system.