We've recently started work with a client to upgrade their Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 system to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015. When running GP Utilities the following error, which caused the upgrade to fail, was produced:
The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed.
As a first step, we restored the system database and restarted GP Utilities and got the same error again. I did a little exploring of the Company Master table and found that there were entries for companies which did not exist.
After restoring the DYNAMICS database again and running the Clear Companies.sql script from Microsoft, we were able to run GP Utilities without further errors and complete the upgrade.