I was just browsing the Packt Publishing website (as you do) and found that there is a new book about Microsoft Dynamics GP being released next month.
Real-world Business Intelligence with Microsoft Dynamics GP by Dynamics GP MVPs Belinda Allen and Mark Polino:
About This Book
- Extend your Microsoft Dynamics GP skills by mastering Microsoft Dynamics Excel and Microsoft Power BI tools
- Gain insight into your current data, providing insight for better decision making
- Empower yourself with easy-to-follow directions for preparing useful and advanced reports
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a GP user, this book is aimed at making your job easier. How? Through the use of business intelligence (BI) provided by your Microsoft Dynamics GP software to aid you in making informed decisions. The bulk of the book’s guidance requires no previous experience; however, basic knowledge of Excel is expected.
What You Will Learn
- Learn where and how to deploy an SQL View
- Create PivotTables and PivotCharts using Excel
- Design PowerViews in Excel
- Use PowerPivot and PowerQuery in Excel for large data sets
- Develop custom reports for your Microsoft Dynamics GP data
- Master how to use Excel Slicers, PivotTables, PivotCharts, PivotViews, Excel tables , Data Connections, and other Excel features
Business intelligence (BI) is the process of making informed decisions based on timely and accurate information. Within an easy-to-use and easy-to-deploy enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution, Microsoft Dynamics GP aims to provide small and mid-size businesses with complete control over their finances, inventory, and BI information, as well as feasible adaptability as per the changing business needs.
This book is a collection of real Microsoft Dynamics GP user examples. Using one GP module at a time, the book reviews real GP users’ issues and how BI can be used to resolve or improve these issues. Encompassing these real-life examples, the book reviews what BI to use and why, what BI tool was used and why, and how the results are used to solve problems and improve business success. This book will provide you with the tools that aid you to identify your BI need and a way to customize your end results as per your business needs.
It sounds like it will be another good additional to the collection of books already available on Microsoft Dynamics GP; you can preorder it here.