We had a peculiarity the other day when updating a Word template for a client. We added some new fields via Report Writer and then created a new Word Template; when then modifying the Word template the fields usually show in the XML schema, but this time we found they weren’t.
After a couple of fruitless minutes checking the modified report and creating a new version of the Word template without success I started wondering about already open applications. In particular MS Word itself was already running with an unrelated document open.
I closed down all open Word documents and, in Template Maintenance (), clicked the Modify button; when the Word template opened the new fields were showing in the XML schema.
This is something I have experienced before without being able to pin down why which caused..shall we say…a certain level of frustration. I’m not sure why having Word open caused the XML schema not to be refreshed when creating a new document, I am pleased that at least I can void the problem by making sure all open instances of Word are closed before starting.