A client testing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 prior to going live rang to say they were getting a runtime error when logging in. I dialled in and checked the home screen and couldn't see any problem with the dynsa home screen so asked for a screenshot showing the error;
The screenshot they sent showed the below error message;
When I created the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 test environment I copied over all the databases from their live server, which was three live companies and one test company. Doing a little investigation showed that the error message was only displayed on the test company; and disappeared when I removed the "
One of the things I did when investigating earlier was an online search which turned up a post on the ERP Software Blog where they found the same thing and identified that special characters such as < or > cause the URL used by Dynamics Connect to be malformed.
And the work around, until Microsoft fixes the error, is to remove
I'd prefer to keep the
Visible = 0
SectionID = 6
As with any script which alters data directly in the database, it is not supported by Microsoft and should only be run after testing in a stand alone test system as it alters data in the system database.