A client reported a problem with Management Reporter returning incorrect figures when a link to the Financial Dimensions on the Row Definition had been entered in lower case.
The reports in question had been created in FRx which was rather more forgiving that Management Reporter is for these things. The client had quite a large number of reports which may, or may not, have had segments entered in lower case so the client didn;t want to have to check and update manually.
I again delved into the Management Reporter SQL database and updated the ControlRowCriteria table to capitalise the Low and High values of the link to financial dimensions using the script below:
Low = UPPER(Low)
High = UPPER(High)
LEN(High) > 0
Once the update had been run, the client checked their reports and confirmed that they were now returning the correct figures.
Management Reporter again, folks, after a short delay; I finally completed on a house purchase, in rural Northumberland, two years after I started work at Perfect Image.
I received another call that data on a report was not coming out correctly a short time ago (I’ve had the screenshots stored for a while until I had time to write this post); the numbers didn’t match those in Microsoft Dynamics GP or those on the old FRx report (which did match the numbers in GP.
I started by checking the Row Definition and the Link to Financial Dimension column to see what information was being brought through. The setup with ranges for the excludes struck me as a little odd with the ranges of 1:1, 10:10 and 100:100:
A client who upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 a few weeks ago began encountering a problem when switching between modules. In particular when they loaded the Purchasing area page they received the following message;
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: contentValue
Fortunately, there are two solutions to this problem outlined in the Microsoft Support KB Article 2843273. The first is to upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 which at very short notice isn’t really an option, or to use the script in the KB article to both remove the corrupt entry in SY07140 and add a trigger to the table to prevent another corrupt entry being created.
As we needed the client up and running without the error quickly, we opted for the second approach and will look to schedule in the upgrade from 2013 RTM to SP1.
I’ve recently been creating an HSBC Standard 18 BACs file format for a client in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2.
Unfortunately, once I released it to their system, they reported an error with the import where the Creditor’s Cheque Name wasn’t being output on the resulting file.
I did some testing and it turns out to be a bug in the export function of the EFT File Format (
) window in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2; I have subsequently tested on GP 2010 SP3 and GP 2013 and the import/export works fine. I realised something odd was going on when I looked at the template in the EFT File Format window ( ) and saw that while the Series was defined as Purchasing in the header, the scrolling window for the Data Field only had Receivables Management tables and fields available to it and not the Payables Management tables and fields I would expect;
In the last post I showed how the FRx menu can be renamed to show Management Reporter instead.
However, it is also a per user setting so would need to be done for each user created in Microsoft Dynamics GP who had access to Management Reporter.
To make the job a lot less onerous, I thought it might be useful to follow up with a SQL script to copy the FRx command customisations from one user to all others Continue reading
Earlier this week I posted about a bug in Integration Manager where it added extra zeros into the phone and fax number fields when importing creditors. Well, the same bug also affects debtors but a similar script to update debtors via a CSV is also possible.
I was doing some work for a client recently where we were loading lists of new creditors into Microsoft Dynamics GP from CSV files via Integration Manager. There is, however, a bug in IM 10 where it adds extra zeros to the phone and fax number fields of both creditors and debtors. These extra characters are, rather bizarrely, not always at the end but can be interspersed in the phone number.
The easiest work around was to put together a SQL script for loading the phone and fax numbers from CSV file which I did while on site which updated only a single address on the PM Creditor Master (PM00200) and PM Address Master (PM00300) tables.
After a slight mid-week diversion, here is another script I produced a while ago which updates the Item’s Default Purchasing Unit of Measure. It was produced when a client wanted to bulk update a large number of records which would have taken a long time manually but by script only minutes to write and run.
This is a script I’ve had a few months now and, like the one I posted yesterday, thought it might be useful to others.
This script was created for a client who changed some of their account codes on some Item Classes and had rolled them down to the Items themselves but there were many Sales Transactions already on the system which had the old code on and needed to be updated to the new one.
This script was produced for a client who wanted to bulk update the accounts defined against selected Inventory Items in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2. This particular client did not have Integration Manager so I needed an alternative approach to doing the update.
I could have used a GP Macro to do the job (doing one while recording the macro to create a template to be populated from a CSV using Mail Merge) but it was easier to create a SQL script to do the job directly from the CSV (this is the same view I took for updating the Account Segment Master).