The book is currently scheduled for release in January 2017 and can be pre-ordered now from Packt Publishing:
The Dynamics Financial Reporting for Microsoft Dynamics GP has announced the availability of CU15 for Management Reporter 2012. This cumulative up-date contains a few bug fixes as well as some enhancements.
Here’s a summary of the new Management Reporter CU15 features:
- Improved responsiveness in the Web Viewer.
- A search bar has been added to search through the current level of the report as in-browser search functions may not always return all results because of the performance changes to improve responsiveness.
- Printing in the Web Viewer through XPS download.
- PowerShell module to enable reset of data mart.
- Added a Turkish (tr-tr) localization.
- Additional fixes for product defects.
- SQL Server 2012 or higher.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 is also required (when installed this may require a reboot).
The Dynamics Financial Reporting for Microsoft Dynamics GP team will be blogging about the new features in detail soon.
There are a few new prerequisites which are required for this cumulative update:
Management Reporter CU15 Release is version 2.12.15000.56; make sure your ERP version is supported by checking the compatibility list.
The EN-US download for Management Reporter CU15 is here and localised versions will be coming soon.
Yeah, not so much. Microsoft promised the software would be generally available on 1st May, but I checked late last night UK time and nothing was there.
I checked again this morning and still nothing.
Until I checked David Musgrave’s blog and found he had been supplied a direct link by someone at Microsoft.
While Dynamics GP 2016 R1 was downloading, I did a little investigating and I think the reason it doesn’t show up for me is that PartnerSource presents itself as UK for me, whereas the link supplied to David was a northamerican one.
Thinking back I had similar problems when Dynamics GP 2015 came out and I couldn’t find the link on PartnerSource or CustomerSource. That time around I amended the 2013 in the link to 2015 and it worked; this time changing it to 2016 did not work.
Hopefully, Microsoft will get this sorted out to so the downloads for Dynamics GP 2016 are available via the UK sites.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 RTM can be downloaded here.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R1 reached Release to Manufacturing (RTM) yesterday. This means the product is ready to ship and Microsoft will, in the next few days, finalise the shipping process and make it available for download on the 1st May 2016.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 includes a new HTML5 web client with cross-browser support (including iPad, Android, and Windows).
Key additions to the All in One Doc viewers; ODATA service for Power BI, new service based architecture entities and 35+ functionality features prioritized by customers; see my feature of the day posts for more details.
If you’re going to the Amplify conference in five weeks time you’ll get to see the highlights of the Dynamics GP 2016 R1.
Pam Misialek announced the release date of Microsoft Dynamics GP on the Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP blog yesterday: it is expected to be generally available on the 1st of May 2016.
Microsoft Dynamics GP includes the new HTML5 web client which will be compatible across multiple browsers and devices like iPads and Android tablets.
New Odata connections will be available for Power BI as well as new features requested by the Dynamics GP Community.
There will be posts on the new features starting soon which I will be reposting (as I normally do) with a little commentary on each one.
So hopefully on 1/5/2016 we’ll be able to get our hands on Dynamics GP 2016; good timing as I’m just coming back from holiday then.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 is now available to download from CustomerSource (login required).
It has a release date of 29/05/2015 so it looks to have been released on Friday. I wish I had known about it as I could have spent time over the weekend taking a look. Unfortunately, I am away for work until Saturday afternoon and then the neighbours have their 40th wedding anniversary party so it may be a while until I can download it.
I’ll be trying to download it from the hotel. But unless the hotel Wi-Fi is far better than I expect, you will have to take a look for me and report back.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 is now available for download (PartnerSource logo required). This release includes the new service based architecture and lots of other new features.
A couple of hours ago the release of Microsoft Dynamics Gp 2013 R2 was announced on the Microsoft Dynamics ERP “The Edge” Blog.
It is available on PartnerSource (Login required).
There are some great new capabilities such as executive dashboards in Office 365 and easy backup to the cloud with Microsoft Azure as well as many other new features.
I often seem to be busy when a new version of Microsoft Dynamics GP or one of the related products, such as Management Reporter, is released. And it has happened again.
On the 12th May when I was leaving for a weeks holiday in Scotland, a new cumulative update, CU9, for Management Reporter 2012 was released with the announcement made on the Dynamics Financial Reporting blog with the download available here.
This release contains enhancements to the Management Reporter Web Viewer around opening and refreshing reports along with additional troubleshooting information in the Configuration Console related to data issues in the ERP.
In brief, Cumulative Update 9 includes the following:
- View a list of previous month’s reports and open them in the web viewer
- Refresh a report in the web viewer
- Publish a report from the web viewer
- Headers and footers are shown by default in the web viewer
- Enhanced data detection in the Configuration Console
- Support for dynamically displaying currency symbol, currency code and currency description
- Support for SQL Server 2014
- Additional fixes for product defects
The following are key features of Management Reporter 2012 RU5 when used with Microsoft Dynamics GP;
- The Web Viewer is now the default report viewer although any report can be opened in the Desktop Viewer
- Any report displayed in the Web Viewer can be collapsed into a summary view
- A Default Report Link Location can now be specified to easily indicate where reports should be stored in SharePoint or network location
- Drill Down has been added to the Dynamics Data Mart which allows for drill down to at least the account level and can drill back from the Desktop Viewer to the Microsoft Dynamics GP Detail Enqiry, Historical Detail Enquiry or Budget Transaction Inquiry windows
Rollup 5 for Management Reporter 2012 can be downloaded here (CustomerSource or PartnerSource login required).