Towards the end of the deployment an error occurred while the wfDeployClrAssemblies was being executed (actually there were three error messages produced):
Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities
The following SQL Statement produced an error:
DOC 68 ERROR: eConnect error - The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique. Inaccessible logs: Security.
The problem was a fairly simple one in that the eConnect service account did not have the necessary permissions; a very similar issue to the one I blogged about in March 2013.
The solution is to add the service account to the Local Admins group; instructions are in the post I linked above.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Error Registering Table GL_Account_MSTR
This particular client uses the eConnect incoming queue to integrate journals and payables invoices into Dynamics GP from a housing management system.
After installing eConnect and configuring the incoming queue I set about doing a test to ensure it was working.
Unfortunately, it didn’t.
We’ve recently started work with a client to upgrade their Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 system to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015. When running GP Utilities the following error, which caused the upgrade to fail, was produced:
The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed.
As a first step, we restored the system database and restarted GP Utilities and got the same error again. I did a little exploring of the Company Master table and found that there were entries for companies which did not exist.
After restoring the DYNAMICS database again and running the Clear Companies.sql script from Microsoft, we were able to run GP Utilities without further errors and complete the upgrade.
I was recently creating an integration for a client to load some Purchase Orders into Microsoft Dynamics GP using Integration Manager. I added the source and destination adapters and then did the destination mapping. However, when I tried to run the integration I got the following error message:
DOC 1 ERROR: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/Microsoft/Dynamics/GP/eConnect/EntityOperations that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnterException, if present, for more details.
However, my most recent problem with Integration Manager did actually produce a useful error message:
Integration 'Invoices' is not ready to run due to the following problems:
- The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem:
Cannot create ActiveX component.
I did a search and found a most useful KB article from Microsoft which detailed the problem (Microsoft Dynamics GP hadn’t been written to the registry correctly) and also the solution.
I read the whole article and decided to try a shortcut of starting with step 3 of re-registering the Dynamics.exe. To do this open a Run or Command Prompt and type the following (this particular problem was encountered with Microsoft Dynamics GP 20103 R2):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP2013\Dynamics.exe" /regsrver
When I retried the integration, it ran through without further problems.
I had this come up recently when trying to do an install. Earlier that day I had installed a new feature on the server (in this case the Windows Authentication feature of the Internet Information Services IIS role), but not done a reboot as one wasn’t asked for.
However, the web client installation ended prematurely and it was only when I checked the Windows Event Viewer that I found the error relating to the pending reboot.
This was particularly annoying as the premature end was only after I clicked on the Install button after entering all of the required information at the preceding steps.
Based on this error, and when it appeared, from now on I am going to reboot the server I’m installing the web client before starting.
A client recently logged a problem with our Service Desk to report that an Integration Manager integration wasn’t working; when trying to run the integration they received an error message on every line of the integration:
Opening source query... Establishing source record count... Beginning integration... DOC 1 ERROR: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'UCase(DATE#######) = UCase('' AND [RUN NUMBER] = ')''. DOC 2 ERROR: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'UCase(DATE#######) = UCase('' AND [RUN NUMBER] = ')''. . . . DOC 10 ERROR: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'UCase(DATE#######) = UCase('21 January 2015') AND UCase([RUN NUMBER]) = UCase('HP33')'. DOC 11 ERROR: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'UCase(DATE#######) = UCase('21 January 2015') AND UCase([RUN NUMBER]) = UCase('HP33')'. ERROR: Max Errors Exceeded at 11, Integration Canceled ERROR: Integration canceled during document integration. Integration Failed Integration Results 100 documents were read from the source query. 11 documents were attempted: 0 integrated without warnings. 0 integrated with warnings. 11 failed to integrate.
After doing some debugging of the integration, we identified the problem as being caused by the source column headers; all of which had multiple # at the end.
For example, as you can see in the above error message, DATE was displaying as DATE#######.
We went through the source removing all of the # symbols and were then able to run the integration without receiving more errors.