I’ve posted a few times about errors in Workflow requiring the wfDeployCLRAssemblies stored procedure to be run again (1 2 3), but the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog has posted an article about how this is sometimes not sufficient to resolve the problem and the procedures, functions and assemblies deployed by the wfDeployCLRAssemblies stored procedure need to be deleted.
To this end, the blog post contains a series of scripts which need to be run before thew wfDeployCLRAssemblies stored procedure is executed. There are versions of the script for Microsoft Dynamics 2013 R2, 2015 (including 2015 R2) and 2016 (including 2016 R2).
If your problem still isn’t fixed, then a support case would need to be raised.
I’ve just found a page on CustomerSource called the Microsoft Dynamics GP Directory and it looks like it has been in existence for quite a while as it has links to information on Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 through to 2016 R2.
The links include Top Reasons to Buy Microsoft Dynamics GP, Top Reasons to Upgrade as well as links to the Feature Blog Series, System Requirements, Service Pack, Hotfix and Compliance Update Patch Releases and much more.
I got to the page from the Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog post on the which I got to through David Musgraves post on Microsoft Dynamics GP 2016 R2 New Features .
Just shows it is worth reading around the blogs on Dynamics GP.
Microsoft have been migrating their Knowledge Base to a new system, making some articles unavailable, but have announced the migration is now complete and the articles should now be available again.
Or at least most of them; in the post, Cheryl does say that”outdated content or rarely used content (i.e. no page views in recent years)”; I have mixed feelings about this as I have occasionally stumbled across articles for GP 8 or 9 which have still fixed an issue I’ve had with the most recent versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
You may need to update any bookmarks or links you have on the old pattern, but at least for the ones I have checked, the old pattern is being forwarded to the old.
This change is why the above link was unavailable when I wrote the Removing Analytical Accounting from Microsoft Dynamics GP post.
KB articles are available by either searching in PartnerSource or CustomerSource (and may the God of your choice answer your prayers for assistance) or by using the search engine of your choice.
As well as having the US Payroll updates there are updates to the following which would be of benefit to clients in the UK:
- VAT Daybook Summary reports may not show correct data in boxes 1, 6 and 7 if you voided a transaction.
- VAT detail report may show incorrect figures if you have 2 or more tax codes on a transaction.
- The Excel copy and paste function may not calculate the credit/debit column correctly when using an allocation account.
Fixed Asset Management
- Tax values may not update properly if a user marks to create multiple fixed assets in the Fixed Asset Purchase Order additional information window.
- You may experience performance issues with the Checkbook Register Inquiry window after you install GP 2016 R2.
- Ability to change line distributions for time and material projects in revenue recognition.
- Fee Accounts not available in line distributions button.
- Purchase Receiving’s not reflecting WIP account edits from Purchase Order for non-inventory items.
- Fixed issues with Uncollated printing.
The hotfixes for Dynamics GP 2013 R2 and 2015 R2 only contain US Payroll fixes.
The post from the Dynamics GP Support and Services blog contains the download links.