The Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP blog has started a series Feature of the Day posts for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 RTM; as the most recent versions have been, these posts are in the form of PowerPoint slides; I am reposting them here so they can be read more easily.
The series index for this series of posts is here.
The first Feature of the Day is Document Attachment available on more windows.
Five additional windows now have Doc Attach available via a button on the action pane:
It is nice to see Fixed Assets getting some Doc Attach functionality; quite a few clients have documentation or images relating to their assets, so this offers a good way to keep these with the asset.
Continue reading “MDGP 2018 RTM Feature of the Day: DocAttach Available on More Windows”
This post is part of the series I am doing on the Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017.
The Document Attachment module has been extended into the action pane in quite a few new windows:
- Document Attachment on Receivables Transaction Entry
- Document Attachment on General Ledger Entry
- Document Attachment on Employee Inquiry
- Document Attachment in I-9 Form
- Display Vendor notes on Vendor Inquiry
- Display Customer notes on Customer Inquiry
- Display Project Notes in Project Inquiry and PA Project Inquiry
- Document Attachment in Asset General Information
- Option to attach new documents in Inquiry windows – there is a setting in the Document Attachment Setup winodw to enable this (and to require a password to be entered).
The Dynamics GP Support and Services Blog blog announced the availability of the Microsoft Dynamics GP July Hotfix – 2017 Mid Year Tax Update towards the end of June.
This hotfix is available for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2, 2015 r2 and 2016 R2.
While all of them have updates for the US and Canadian Payroll systems, there were three changes in the 2016 version which caught my eye:
You may not be able to view any document attachment for any OPEN Payables Document.
- Invoice Receipt Date field added for UK installs, click here for details.
- Scan functionality may not function with document attach
The fixes to Document Attachment are good to see, but the Invoice Receipt Date was especially interesting as it results from new legislation which came into effect on April 1st for businesses of a certain size in the UK with a duty to report on their payment practices, policies and performance. This new requirement was introduced to protect smaller businesses that suffer from late payments, which can adversely affect their cash flow and jeopardize their ability to trade.
The new Invoice Receipt Date field is available on Payables Transaction Entry ( ), Receivings Transaction Entry ( ) and Purchasing Invoice Entry ( ).
The Doc Attach changes only effect 2016, but the new field is available in 2013, 2015 and 2016.