Perfect Image have an opening for a Dynamics GP Consultant (Grade 3).
The position is for a full time position based in Newcastle upon Tyne in the North East of England, working on a growing team of consultants which includes the UK’s only Microsoft Most Valuable Professional for Microsoft Dynamics GP (and one of only two in Europe).
The full job specification is below and you can email me your CV to email@example.com (remove the nospam.).
The typically approach we have is that in the first instance I’ll review the CV and, if it shows the appropriate skills, I’ll conduct a quick phone call to confirm experience and system knowledge (no pressure), before we look to organise an in person interview with the relevant people at PI (HR Manager, the Director of Project Delivery and I) for anyone successful on the call.
Please only candidates who have not already applied via a recruiter and ABSOLUTELY NO RECRUITERS. If these rules aren’t abided by, I will immediately delete the CV.
|£30,000 to £45,000 p/a depending on skills and experience
|25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, profit and performance related bonus, occupational sick scheme, company pension scheme, career progression plan, cycle to work scheme, childcare voucher scheme.
Perfect Image works with clients to define, implement and support IT systems which will help to make them more successful. Our range of offerings cover bespoke web and Windows-based systems, the integration of existing and new systems, intranet, CRM, business intelligence and ERP systems.
The role of the Dynamics GP Consultant is pivotal to the success of our clients’ ERP projects and therefore to Perfect Image. You will need to be a motivated, enthusiastic and have experience in supporting and implementing Dynamics GP. Ideally this will include upgrading Dynamics GP implementations to recent releases. This should also include experience of the financial and distribution modules.
The ideal candidate will also be able to demonstrate experience which includes initial pre-sales consultation with the clients, assisting with the creation of sales proposals, presentation and demonstration skills and the management of the resultant project through to a successful implementation.
The Dynamics GP consultant needs to be willing to learn, or have previous experience in, solutions that are complimentary to Dynamics GP, including SharePoint and Dynamics CRM. A proven track record in delivering customer care to diverse clients is a must.
|Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- To work with clients at all levels helping to shape business priorities and to determine the resultant requirements for an ERP solution.
- Document business and systems requirements to the required level of detail and in an appropriate format.
- To take on principal responsibility for pre-sales consulting in significant opportunities.
- Support all elements of Dynamics GP implementations, including server and client installations, data migration exercises, system upgrades, trouble shooting issues as they arise, fixing data issues within a SQL environment, and report writing.
- Providing a 3rd line support function, assisting our support department in resolving more complex customer enquiries.
- Keep abreast of changes and opportunities in the technology marketing.
This is not exhaustive.
- Experience in all aspects of ERP Consultancy, with existing Dynamics GP consultancy experience.
- Good level of knowledge and experience with accountancy principals and practices.
- Ability to support all elements of Dynamics GP implementations including server and client installs, data migration exercises, system upgrades, trouble shooting issues as they arise, fixing data issues within a SQL environment and report writing.
- Experience in or hunger to learn new skills and technologies that compliment Dynamics GP and our clients, such as Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Visual Basic, Job Costing / Construction Accounting.
- A good level of IT and accounting knowledge and an ability to express this knowledge in terms appropriate to the audience which includes client senior executives, IT managers and end-users.
- Ability to building strong relationships with clients, supporting income generation and securing repeat business.
- Experience in managing implementation projects would be beneficial.
- Ability to think clearly, and to write clear documentation which is sufficiently detailed, unambiguous and complete.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience of the ERP core modules including Financials and ideally Distribution.
- Strong skills in spoken and written English.
- Proven ability to deliver results.
Education to degree level (or equivalent).
- Is able to deal positively about ambiguity and complexity. Is positive in seeing a way through client problems and challenges.
- Work well under pressure and will go the extra mile to provide excellent client service.
- Understand that asking for help and input from others is a strength, not a weakness, so actively involves others.
- Concern yourself principally with the development of the business of our clients and our firm.
- Look to develop our consulting capability through recruitment, training, mentoring of our people and the development of our methods.
- Facilitate cooperation within the consulting team and across the firm.
- Start to develop a personal and social relationship with clients.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015 R2 was released at the end of May. As I mentioned at the time, I was away from home for work and rather busy otherwise so this series of posts has been somewhat delayed.
However, I am now getting my hands on GP 2015 R2 and thought I would do my usual set of posts on the installation of the various components and also the usage of the new functionality. This is going to be quite a long series of posts, so keep checking back regularly.
To get the most out of the Microsoft Dynamics GP web client, there are a couple of add-ons which need to be deployed. The first of these is the Trusted Application; this is what allows the web client to interact with Excel or Word.
To install the Trusted Application click the small globe icon next to the blue question mark icon in the bottom right corner of the browser window and then click on Install Trusted Application:
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 is now available. And despite note really having the time to do so at the moment, I can’t stop myself from installing it (and as I always do blogging about it as I go).
In this series of posts I am going to do install a stand-alone instance of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2; the index for this series is here.
Well, with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 R2 installed the next step is to take a look at it. Having been reading, and transposing into posts, the Feature of the Day articles from Microsoft I do have some idea of what is coming. But for those of you who haven’t been reading along, I figured I might as well do a short post.
Once you have GP installed and either the Fabrikam company deployed or a company created you can log in. To do this find the GP shortcut on the start screen. This will launch GP where it will prompt for a username and password. If you haven’t previously been logged into GP and created a user then log in as either the sa or DYNSA user: