This post is part of the series I am doing on the Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017.
There have been new features in other areas, which I will come back to, but Workflow is sort of “my thing”, so I’m going to mention the new features which are being added to Workflow 4.0 (I apparently missed the boat somewhere on the name change to Workflow 3.0?).
The coming new features are:
- Reminder emails for Workflow – this is a feature which has been requested of ym by a couple of clients recently, so nice that I’ll be able to go back and tell them it will be in the next version.
- Copy Workflow Step – nice to see this one added as it was one of my suggestions on MS Connect.
- Reporting for Workflow – I’m not sure what is coming in this, but it would be nice to have some default reports showing the history of documents as they passed through the Workflow.
- Payables Transaction Workflow – additional fields
- PO Workflow Messages – additional fields – there are never enough fields available for the Workflow, so nice to know more will be available by default.
- Add EFT/Bank Details to Vendor Approval Workflow – if this one is as it sounds, that will be fantastic as so many clients want this functionality. I think it only took so long as EFT isn’t anywhere near as big in the US as it is in the UK.
- GL Account Workflow Approval – I have a couple of clients who can ditch some customisations with this one. And a few more who will be delighted so see this added.
- Purchase Receiving Workflow – I have a few customers waiting for this one to be introduced.
- Purchase Enter/Match Invoice Workflow – as above, a few clients are waiting for this one.
I know we can’t have everything we want, and the above are good additions to Workflow, but I still want more!
|Dynamics GP Tech Conference 2017|
|New Features In Workflow|
|New User Experience Features|
|Optimised Human Resources and Payroll|
|Comprehensive Doc Attach|
|Power BI Enhancements|