Part of the reason I wrote Microsoft Dynamics GP Workflow 2.0 was that I expected the module to be very popular with clients, and so it has proven. It seems a robust and easy to use solution which is a vast improvement on the old SharePoint based Workflow module.
Recently, after upgrading a client to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, I was doing a training session with people from their IT and finance departments, or at least I was trying to. However, when trying to select a manager for the Workflow Type we received the following error:
Microsoft Dynamics GP
[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "GetAssignedUsers": System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly...
I switched to the demo system on my laptop to continue the training until we took a short break when I did some investigation. I couldn’t see anything apparent on the client’s system so I did a quick online search.
I quickly found this post where someone had the same error and Microsoftie Jonathan Fear recommended running the following SQL:
Once I had run this in SQL Server Management Studio, the error in Workflow Maintenance went away and we were able to complete the training on the clients system.