On the Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP blog Jay Manley is asking for assistance from a small but growing Dynamics GP client with about 2.5 years of data if they would volunteer to have their data anonymised for use as a new sample company.
What are they looking for?
- A smaller company – 1-10 users preferred with 20 users maximum.
- A company that focuses on both service and sales of items such as a small consulting firm that also sells software.
- A low quantity of inventory items, because of the trouble in converting them. 20 part numbers minimum, but under 100 part numbers although they would consider up to 500 part numbers.
- It would also be helpful to have a low number of vendors and customers such as at least 20 vendors and customers, but they would prefer under 100 of them (each).
- Need at least two full years of data, would prefer 30 months (2 ½ years) of data.
Check out the complete post for full requirements and the information Microsoft will require if you should like to volunteer.
Any identifiable information would be stripped out and replaced so they will be no worries over your commercially sensitive information being leaked.
In return for the data, Microsoft are offering one free pass to Convergence 2013 in New Orleans in March 2013.
This book will teach you how to create and customize Dynamics GP Applications by taking you through the initial steps of setting up a development environment through to customising and developing an example application using tools such as Dexterity, Visual Studio Tools and sanScript starting with an overview of Microsoft Dynamics GP architecture.